Knysna Cycle Works
Who are we ?
At Knysna Cycle Works we are dedicated cyclists
who are passionate about bikes.
We are committed to service and have been
keeping you on your bikes for many years.
We have not lost our enthusiasm to keep you cycling
and continue to stay motivated and excited
about all things bicycling.
Visit us soon !
REMEMBER the first time you rode a bicycle ?
The freedom and the excitement ? This is the joy we want you to experience when you take your bike home. We want you to love your bike! Buy a new bike, select one of our QUALITY PRE- OWNED BIKES or just HIRE A BIKE. WE TAKE YOUR SATISFACTION personally and want to offer you the standard of care that will please you. We are passionate about service.
VISIT US at our new premises in WATERFRONT PARK next to OXIGYM and experience our great service and NEW COFFEE SHOP. Our vision is to move forward meeting new customers and delivering the kind of SERVICE that will make you want to come back and become one of the family.
The MTB trail paradise we have in Knysna will restore your mind as you escape into the leafy shadows …..
On your bike you can explore a myriad of trails and gravel roads deep into the forest. Experience the mystical “kok-kok-kok-kok call of the Knysna Turaco ( Lourie ) or find a steaming mound of elephant dung if you are lucky !
Ride the “Oyster routes” or “Woodcutters” routes – local unmarked routes following a routes through MTO plantations . Some of these routes are used by local events , like the Knysna Cycle Race. Expect jeep-track, single track and gravel. Best ridden with the locals. There are all types of routes catering to all skill and fitness levels. Join us on an outride or skills session
Explore the great outdoors! Ride the “Kom-se-Pad” route or the 7 Passes on the Old Knysna – George Road
So JOIN US and take yourself on an adventure in our MTB trail paradise or let us show you around.
Hire a bike or bring your own
Or enter some of the MTB races in our area :
- Transcape : 5-11 February 2017 – Starts in Knysna
- Knysna Bull 24 – 26 February 2017 – Knysna
- Oubos MTB Marathon Series no.2 : 25th February Blanco Primary School – George
- Kingfisher MTB Marathon Series no.3 : 18 March 2017 : Hoekwil Primary School – Hoekwil
- GR300 Enduro and GRLite : MTB :28 – 30 April 2017. Registration on Thursday 27th – Knysna
- Spur Schools MTB : Southern Cape Series : #1 June 3 @ 8:00 am Cairnbrogie Farm Plett
- NMMU MTB : Madibaz MTB XCO Series 2017 #2 – Boomslang 2 (Saasveld : George) 10 June
- 7 Passes MTB : 17 June 2017 : www.7passesmtb.co.za
- Knysna Cycle Tour presented by Rotary: MTB Race : 8 July
- Forest Family Dam Ride : 9 July
- Spur Schools MTB : Southern Cape Series : #2 @ The Farm, Knysna 29 July
- Spur Schools MTB : Southern Cape Series : #Cango MTB Trails Oudtshoorn 12 August
- NMMU MTB : Madibaz MTB XCO Series 2017 #3 – Bergadder 27 August
- Spur Schools MTB : Southern Cape Series : #4 @ Montessori School 9 September
- Dr Evil 2017 : 21-23 September
- Karoo 2 Coast : 24 September
- NMMU MTB : Madibaz MTB XCO Series 2017 #4 – Chameleon 29 October
- Woodcutters MTB Challenge Knysna : 27 December : www.woodcuttersmtb.co.za
- At Knysna Cycle Works we do a lot of these events ourselves or offer professional back-up and servicing during these events
Please come in and find out when the next night ride will be. Riding for all abilities – from family #moonlightmassknysna rides to rides on the local trails
The prospect of riding in the dark can be daunting, the best thing is to just get out there and give it a go. You’ll soon feel the excitement, experiencing your local trails like you never have before!
Our local bike shop advantage When you buy a new bicycle one of your first choices will be where to shop.Do you go to your local bike shops, a Superstores or online ? If you do decide to buy from your LBS you will have the local bike shop advantage. Bicycles...
“In honor of the Knysna woodcutters, mountain bikers can enjoy the opportunity to ride through these areas and forest paths created more than 200 years ago” Woodcutters MTB Challenge info : Event Date : 27 December 2017, Wednesday Registration opens from...
We offer the following : 1.Jacques Brink Cycling Academy Friday 4pm for junior cyclists 2. Junior Training Clinics For Sprogs , Juniors and ladies wanting to get a bit fitter and skilled . Will have the occasional “bootcamps” – cycling and hiking...
Rules of the Trail
Leave no trace.
Ride on open trails only.
Be prepared for breakdowns.
Take enough food and water.
Wear a helmet.
Control your bicycle.
Always yield to hikers and horse riders.
Never spook animals.
Be friendly to everyone.
Lend a hand.